Party Responsible: GRUPO VITHAS
The party responsible for the processing of your clinical data is the GRUPO VITHAS centre to which you belong. The controlling company of the Group is VITHAS SANIDAD, S.L. (article 42 of the Commercial Code). We use the Unique Record system, by which all centres of GRUPO VITHAS, available on http://vithas.es/Corporativo/#?tab=Sociedades will be able to process your data.
Address: C/Arturo Soria 107, 28043 Madrid / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Data Protection Representative: Javier Alonso Charro
1) Provision and monitoring of healthcare (opening and maintenance of the medical record, medical prevention and diagnosis, medical treatment or monitoring of the clinical process, contact for appointment reminders, check-ups or availability of results, notifying the prescribing doctor or team of the results of tests and/or care carried out and any necessary action for the management of the provision of the health service).
2) Carrying out medical care satisfaction surveys to improve the quality of services.
Additional purposes. Do you authorise the following processing of your personal data?
- If you have consented, informing companions in waiting rooms or consultation rooms of the results of tests and/or care carried out.
- If you have consented, issuing proof of your stay to companions who request it.
- If you have consented, sending information on GRUPO VITHAS healthcare services.
Legitimacy and Conservation
The basis of legitimacy for the processing of data in the provision and monitoring of healthcare is the execution of the contract that the patient accepts by requesting the healthcare service. Carrying out satisfaction surveys is based on the legitimate interest of the hospital. The additional purposes will be justified by the consent, if applicable, granted by the patient. In exceptional cases, data may be processed without consent to protect the vital interests arising due to special, urgent or supervening situations.
Your data used for the purpose of healthcare will be kept for the periods established in the applicable national and autonomous region regulations, and at least, as set out in Law 41/2002, for five years following the registration of each care process. For the treatments specifically consented to by the user, the data will be kept while the owner does not withdraw the consent provided or request the deletion/cancellation of their data.
Transfers necessary for execution of the contract
- Your data will be communicated to companies of Grupo Vithas solely to manage the provision of care to the patient. Centres available at: http://vithas.es/Corporativo/#?tab=Sociedades.
- Your data may be communicated to any Public Bodies competent in the issue required in compliance with current State and Autonomous Region law.
- The healthcare professionals involved in the diagnosis or treatment of your care process can access your identification and health data.
- In the case of healthcare requiring laboratory services of pathological anatomy or other specialities, your data may be transferred to external laboratories for the analysis of samples and subsequent invoicing.
- If healthcare requires the use of healthcare materials such as the implant of prostheses or implants, your data may be transferred to the supplier company for invoicing and/or to comply with regulations on healthcare products.
If the healthcare is provided under policies or coverage of which you are a beneficiary as a patient, the Hospital may provide information on the services provided, including your personal data and information derived from the healthcare, to insurance companies or entities providing coverage for the healthcare. The communication of this data will be carried out in accordance with the consent you have previously provided, essential for the coverage and invoicing for the services provided. If the healthcare is provided by virtue of agreement with Social Security, your data will be communicated to your Hospital of reference for the provision of healthcare and invoicing for services. In case of accidents, your data may be communicated to the insurance company with which the opposing party has contracted civil liability insurance for coverage of the healthcare provided. In the case of having opposed the transfer of data to your insurance company, payment for the products and/or services provided will be assumed entirely by you as a private patient.
If you have consented to it, the international transfer of data to the entity providing coverage for the healthcare is expressly authorised when in a country whose data protection regulation is not comparable to European regulations with the same purpose.
Rights of interested parties
The interested parties may exercise their rights of access, rectification, deletion, portability and limitation or opposition to the processing by writing to the registered office of the centre or by emailing protección.email@example.com, attaching a copy of their DNI identity document or other identifying document. Likewise, they may request to withdraw the consent provided and claim against the Control Authority (Spanish Data Protection Agency www.agpd.es).
Source of the data
The personal data, including medical history and healthcare received previously, may come from the patient or their legal representative, relatives and/or companions, and/or healthcare services or professionals who have attended to them previously, forwarding it to our Centre.